The Belfast & Moosehead Lake Railroad volunteers, in conjunction with the Brooks Preservation Society, are planning an Auction! It will be held at the Brooks Railroad Station in Brooks at this year’s July 4th Celebration, to raise funds for renovation and repair of the railroad equipment and buildings. We would love to have your support, in the form of an item or gift card for our auction.
And join us this July 4th at the Brooks Railroad Station for our silent auction. The auction will run from 9 am to 4 pm. A number of items and baskets will be available for filling or donating. Make a day of it with a full day of fun activities around town.
Items donated so far
- Antique B&M RR locomotive oil can and handle.
- Caboose lanterns with 2 bottles lamp oil
- Three (3) switch lantern lenses
- No. 8 air pilot barn lantern with blue globe
- Dietz barn lantern with globe
- Two (2) Dietz globes
- Antque WWI field lantern
- One (1) Dietz short clear glass globe
- Wall kerosine lantern (no globe)
- Clear glass Dietz globes (7 inch)
- Plant Stand
- Antique wall mirror
- Four (4) small throw pillows (to be made)
- Two (2) picture frames
The Railroad is operated by the Brooks Preservation Society, a 501(c)3 non-profit organization, which was formed in 2008 with the mission to protect, preserve, and celebrate historic structures and artifacts and to support the surrounding communities for the benefit of the citizens and local economy. The railroad offers weekend excursions open to the public, as well as chartered rides arranged through tour companies that bring many tourists to the area. When possible we host the Toys for Tots organization in the early fall to help them collect Christmas toys for area families.